MAX is a team of passionate people building digital infrastructure to deliver the future of
mobility in Africa and Emerging Markets.
At MAX, you’ll have a unique opportunity to align your passion with a meaningful mission. You will get a real opportunity to grow and make a real lasting impact on the lives of
millions of people, and help deliver access to safe, reliable, affordable and sustainable
MAX is powering Africa’s Forward Movement, and this is being actualized through our
transformative Mission: Making mobility safe, affordable, accessible and sustainable through the deployment of high-performance technology and operators.
We are building the largest vehicle subscription and financial services platform for
commercial drivers and transport operators across Africa. Our proprietary technology is
enabling Drivers with no banking history to access low to zero emission vehicles, insurance,
digital wallets and eHailing services on a subscription basis.
In everything we do, we uphold these 5 values without compromise;
Transparency: We’re taking everyone along for the ride.
Integrity: We stand by our word to remain consistent with all parties, including you!
Initiative: We prioritize ingenious ideas and nurture them which has brought us this far and we’re not stopping now.
Partnership: We always keep the welcome mat rolled out on MAX Land; everyone
aboutsafety so that mobility is safe and comfortable for all.
We are looking for a Senior Tech Lead, together with the rest of the engineers you will be responsible for delivering production-ready code that will be used by our champions / Operators, and you will own end-to-end the customer experience of the services and features that you build.
What you'll be doing:
● Solving problems that center around scale, across all realms, over millions of
● Owning the software architecture and technical designs
● Writing high quality, maintainable code and perform peer code-reviews
● Providing technical leadership and expertise
● Partnering with other teams such as data science & product Mgmt
● Mentoring new members as we continue to add to our footprint and scope
● Be hands on in driving DevOps / K8s based software engineering process
● Exposure to reliability engineering
It can be a perfect match if you meet…
● Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other related fields.
● Minimum of 10 years of hands-on experience in software development
● 5+ years of experience working with Laravel and/or Lumen or Express or Django and/or
Django Rest Framework.
● At least 3-4 years in Tech Leadership.
● Experience with Ubuntu OS for application deployment.
● Good knowledge of CI/CD deployment pipeline.
It would also be a plus if you have …
What do we offer?
Diverse and inclusive team
The MAX work environment offers drive, empathy, humility, initiative, candor, and collaboration
Premium Health insurance cover
Flexible work and hybrid working model
Consistent Learning and Development