Select which cookies you accept
When you visit this website, it may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. This information might be about you, your preferences or your device and is mostly used to make the website work as you expect it to. The information does not usually directly identify you, but it can give you a more personalized web experience.
Because we respect your right to privacy, you can choose not to allow some types of cookies. Below is a list of different categories of cookies that may be set and that you can freely change. However, blocking some types of cookies may impact your experience of the site and the services we are able to offer.
These cookies are required and must be accepted to use this site.
These cookies collect data about how visitors use this website.
These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced, more personal features.
These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests.
🔥 DevOps Engineer 🔥 |🛵 For a Tech Mobility Company 🛺 | Fully Remote
We usually respond within
MAX is a team of passionate people building digital infrastructure to deliver the future of mobility in Africa and Emerging Markets.
At MAX, you’ll have a unique opportunity to align your passion with a meaningful mission. You will get a real opportunity to grow and make a real lasting impact on the lives of millions of people, and help deliver access to safe, reliable, affordable and sustainable transportation.
We are building the largest vehicle subscription and financial services platform for commercial drivers and transport operators across Africa. Our proprietary technology is enabling Drivers with no banking history to access low to zero-emission vehicles, insurance, digital wallets and eHailing services on a subscription basis.
You will collaborate with software developers, system operators and other IT staff members to manage code releases. You will cross and merge the barriers that exist between software development, testing and operations teams and keep existing networks in mind as they design, plan and test.
What you'll be doing:
- Administer the Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Apply cloud computing skills to deploy upgrades and fixes
- Perform troubleshooting, support tasks on servers and containerization (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Automate the deployments, infrastructure as code
- Oversee the GCP relationship management – raising tickets and chasing their resolution
- Troubleshoot production issues and coordinate with the development team to streamline code deployment.
- Collaborate with team members to improve the company’s engineering tools, systems and procedures, and data security.
- Optimize the company’s computing architecture.
- Conduct systems tests for security, performance, and availability
It can be a perfect match if you meet...
- 3+ years’ experience as a DevOps Engineer or equivalent software-engineering role.
- Experience with Continuous Improvement, Continuous Delivery and Continuous Monitoring
- Expert in code deployment tools (Jenkins, Puppet, Ansible, Chef)
- Minimum of 2 year of experience with GCP/AWS/Azure cloud computing
- Experience working on Kubernetes, Docker
- Experience with Agile Software Development Techniques and Tools such as:
SCRUM/Kanban/Extreme Programming JIRA/Trello Version Control (Github/Bitbucket) TDD(Test Driven Development)
It would also be a plus if you...
- Experience with infrastructure provisioning and automation tools Terraform or Cloud Formation.
What do we offer?
- Diverse and international team 🗺
- The MAX work environment offers drive, empathy, humility, initiative, candor, and collaboration