We are looking for a systems Automation Test Engineer to join a new NinjaOne engineering team pioneering a software testing initiative that will make a long-term impact on our software’s “quality” of life. You will be a part of the team that influences the roadmap, make critical technology decisions, and implement the technologies for this NinjaOne, high-profile priority. Give architectural insight on the best way to achieve a quality testing process using current or new testing infrastructure. Always participating in our software development life cycle from beginning to end. You will collaborate closely with our product engineering teams; defining a testing protocol for new features released to our customers. Bring your passion for software development and your automation testing expertise; to change our software development landscape. Delivering groundbreaking designs of test-driven infrastructure of system level validation across our internal and client platforms.
What you will be responsible for
- Greenfield the development of an automated testing framework used across our NinjaOne software engineering landscape.
- Contribute to an automation testing solution- this key initiative to provide, grow and permanently maintain the best automation testing solution for NinjaOne.
- Impact the overall quality of our IT Operations software products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical Engineering discipline, or your qualified work history equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience in Object Oriented Programming (OOP) and functional programming, such as Java, Kotlin, and C++
- 3+ years of experience in scripting languages, such as Shell (bash, sh, DOS), PowerShell, and Python
- Experience evaluating, architecting, implementing, and documenting software test automation frameworks across UI, API, micro services, desktop applications, and mobile platforms
- Expertise in cross platform development on Linux, Windows and Mac for Desktop Application test automation.
- Experience producing software test automation end-to-end testing, tooling, strategies, and roadmaps for web and mobile applications at the system level.
- Experience in a variety of operating systems level multilayer testing such as integration, API, GUI, database, unit, system, end-to-end, performance, cross platform testing, and code coverage tools and metrics
- Possess strong knowledge of Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Demonstrated ability to write, edit, and debug automation scripts to achieve desired output.
- Strong troubleshooting and root cause analysis software development experience.
- Knowledge in automating Distributed Computing Environments and Networking.
- Experience with web service technology like XML, REST, SOAP, JSON, SQL
What will you work with?
- Testing tools such as Cucumber
- Testing languages such as Gherkin
- Testing frameworks such as Junit
- Build automation tools such as Gradle
- Execution and reporting system such as Zephyr (Jira)
- Ticketing and tracking system such as Jira
- Virtualization platform such as VMware’s vSphere
- Cloud platforms such as AWS
NinjaOne is a leading unified IT operations solution that simplifies the way IT works. With NinjaOne, IT teams can automate, manage, and remediate all their tasks within one modern, intuitive platform, improving technician efficiency and user productivity. NinjaOne supports over 7,000 IT departments and managed service providers around the world, and is consistently ranked #1 for its world-class customer support. NinjaOne has been recognized as the best rated software in its category on G2 and Gartner Digital Markets for the past 3 years. Learn more about NinjaOne here: www.ninjaOne.com